Sunday, July 15, 2012

Joy or "Just Wait"

"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."
(Psalms 127:3-5 ESV)


My baby boy has been such a blessing and has brought so much joy to my family. I cherish every moment with him... even the moments filled with screaming, tears, impatience, and sleeplessness, and I feel like I could pull my hair out, I am thankful that God chose me to be his mother and that He will help me.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
(Isaiah 41:10)

"...do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."(Ephesians 6:4 ESV) 

I pray that I can do just that and along the way always have a gracious heart for what the Lord has given me.

A friend shared this link with me: Joy or Just Wait

And for all the moms (and moms-to-be) out there I really believe that it is a beneficial read. Even though I have only experienced motherhood for 8 months, I can say that it really does get better and better with each week and I can't wait for all the wonderful things to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment