Saturday, September 15, 2012

Beautiful Time of the Year for the Beach


Today I'm enjoying the sun, nice breeze, and beautiful scenery here at the Gulf coast. It's such a nice time of year for the beach and not crowded at all!!! Some of my girl friends and sorority sisters from college reunited for a weekend beach trip and it's been great so far! Good company, great food, and no mommy duty involved! It's the first time I've left my baby for longer than a 24 hr period!!! It was sooo hard to leave him but I know it's nice for me to have time for myself to reenergize and for him to have a bonding weekend with his daddy. That's right.... It's a father-son weekend and the first time my hubby has been on daddy duty by himself for longer than 6 hrs. But I know my baby is in the best hands possible!!!! Even if my baby did get sick within the first 5 hrs of me leaving home..... But my hubby handled it like a champ.... called the MD for advice, kept his cool, and cared for our baby through the screaming, crying, nose-suctioning, and fever. Talk about a first-time-daddy-left-by-himself and first-time-mommy-leaves-daddy-and-baby-by-themselves parenting experience! But we made it and I'm sure are better and more confident for it! Now.... Back to basking in the sun ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment